Monday 25 April 2011

Church hopping, the present generation's slang for Visita Iglesia!!

During holy week, me and my family spend most of the time only at home. We haven't go out to the beach, EVER!! or have a vacation somewhere just like the others are doing during this supposed holy time. I don't know if my family is just being "kill joy" or maybe it became a part of our traditions already.

So one thing that I'm looking forward the most when holy week starts, is the Visita Iglesia 'cuz this is the only time that we can go out of the house and experience traffic-free roads. Also, to visit the churches and pray. We either go on Maundy Thursday or Good Friday, depending the schedule but definitely not on Black Saturday. Last year, we have visited 7 churches around the Quezon City vicinity on Maundy Thursday. I don't know why seven! For this year, we chose to visit 7 churches around Manila and some parts of Quezon City and we went out on Good Friday.

*Sorry for the quality. I only used my phone in taking pictures.

1st stop: Redemptorist Church, Baclaran


I was about to took some shots on the Church's facade but there were a lot of people doing Stations of the Cross in front of the church and my mom said it was dangerous to flaunt any gadgets in the area. So there, I only get a chance to have an altar pic, at least, of the church. 


For every churches we've visited, we make it a point to light a candle and say a short prayer.

2nd stop: Malate Church




Pieta

3rd stop: Manila Cathedral




the altar

For the last two churches (Malate and Manila), there are no candle-lighting area so we dint able to do so.

4th stop: San Agustin Church, Intramuros


Look how intricate the architecture of the church is. Stunning! Breath-taking!


Podium?


the ceiling's old English vibe


candle-lighting


Mom and Dad


w/ mom


LB worthy?? NOO!

5th stop supposedly was the Quiapo Church. But when we saw how congested the place was, we've decided to skipped it and just add another church to complete the 7.  


The people were on the road's island. Whew!


Awesome!


We came across a mini-procession on our way out.

5th stop: St. Jude Church, Malacanang



floating candles

6th stop: Santo Domingo Church, QC


As we arrived in the Santo Domingo Church, we saw a lot of TV cameras placed all over and only to found out that it was the set for the annual TV broadcast of Seven Last words or "Siete Palabras". As much as we wanted to stay, it was so hot in the area and lots of people were there.

7th stop: Santa Clara Church, Katipunan




We left the house at around 7:30 am and got home at past 1:00 pm. I actually had fun 'cuz I've been to the churches that are new to me.

I feel so blessed!!!

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment